The following article describes all MANDATORY Lightspeed settings for your integration with your online ordering site to work. Changing any of these settings will result in orders not being sent into your POS.
These settings are set by default by our integration team when you first start.
Floors and Tables
Why should you create a specific table per channel?
Lightspeed gives us the ability to send online orders to a specific table. We advise you to keep a specific table for takeout and delivery. This way you can easily separate your revenue generated by channel.
How to create a channel table?
You can read more about how to set up floors & tables in Lightspeed by clicking this link.
Do not change any of these settings:
1. Create a floor called "Integrations"
2. Create 2 tables with 0 chairs and attach them to all printers in your restaurant:
a. ‘CHK PLZ - DELIVERY’: Use table type: ‘delivery’
b. CHK PLZ – TAKEOUT’: Use table type: ‘takeaway’
Lightspeed requires CHK PLZ to send a payment method along with an online order. A CHK PLZ payment method will be created automatically called CHK PLZ and type “Card”. This way you can easily separate your payments received by channel. If these settings are changed, you will risk not receiving orders in your POS.
Do not change the payment method name or type.
- Go to the "Printing"→ "Printer Templates".
- Choose the printing template you use and check the box "Show Customer" at the bottom section. This will make sure the customer information is shown on the Kitchen ticket. Please note that the customer name and details will not show up on the receipt, it will only show up on the Kitchen ticket.
- Go to "Settings" → "Print Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Rounding" section and set "Number of decimals for tax rates" to 3 or higher.
During our integration setup, a product named "CHK PLZ Promo" was created under your category "Discounts". It's important not to edit or delete this item for promo codes to work with your integration.
Note: If you did not have a "Discounts" category, this item was added to another category