Your CHK PLZ menu can be created directly from your Lightspeed Restaurant Manager using your existing products or newly created products (check out Lightspeed's manual on creating new items here).
What CHK PLZ syncs from your Lightspeed products:
- Product name
- Tax rate
- Original Price by default
- Modifiers attached to a product
- Categories attached to a product
Note: We do not sync images, descriptions or subproducts from your Lightspeed. We also do not keep track of inventory from your Lightspeed. You have to disable the item from our portal when you run out to prevent customers from ordering.
IMPORTANT: Once the item is synced, you cannot edit the name of the product in Lightspeed.
Making products available on CHK PLZ
To make products available on your online ordering site, simply group existing products from your Lightspeed Restaurant Manager into a designated shortcut category called CHK PLZ.
Adding items to the "CHK PLZ" shortcut category
Your online ordering site will only include items found in your dedicated shortcut category for CHK PLZ.
As a quick refresher, shortcut categories allow you to group products from different categories into one place. The shortcut category won't create duplicate products, and all reporting and settings for the original product are maintained.
- Go to the "CHK PLZ" shortcut category (it should be the last one listed under Products) and click "Add Product".
- Click on all the products you want to add to your online ordering site and click "Save". Added products will have a GREEN CHECKBOX.
Note: It can take up to a max of 5 minutes for items in the CHK PLZ shortcut to appear on your live online ordering site.
Marking items as alcohol
Any alcoholic items must be grouped into their own categories, and you may have multiple alcohol categories available. This is required to ensure that customers do not check out alcohol without purchasing at least 1 food item.
From the CHK PLZ portal, you must then mark the category as alcohol by enabling the field "Is alcohol?"
- Login to your CHK PLZ portal here
- Navigate to the "Categories" menu tab and click "Edit" on the category you'd like to mark as alcohol.
- Enable the field "Is alcohol"